June 7, 2011
Oh, how one of the biggest design events of the year has crept up on us! We are very excited to see what manufacturers have up their sleeves for Neocon 2011. Some have given us sneak peeks at what is in store for the tradeshow, which will be summarized below, in a list of “must-sees” this year.
This past year has been full of reveals for Herman Miller, and they will be showing these off in Suite 231 with the theme of “Working Together”. The following products will be highlighted, “Working Together” to provide a harmonious, collaborative environment:
- Everywhere™ Tables: the chameleon of tables – they have a simple, sleek design with multiple size, shape and function options that can go, well, everywhere. You can be sure to see several configurations and applications in the Chicago showroom next week.
- SAYL™ Chairs: now it is time to experience life unframed yourself! Visit Herman Miller at Neocon and see Yves Behar’s innovative design, inspired by the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Advo™ Chairs: This new addition to the Herman Miller portfolio provides a scalable chair at an excellent price point. See the different options for both task and side chairs.
- Swoop™ Lounge Furniture: It’s all about the curves for this family of seating. They support connection, recreation and relaxation while allowing movement and reconfiguration.
- Herman Miller Healthcare: Herman Miller Healthcare’s Compass™ System will feature new enhancements such as new storage components, the addition of lighting, and an ADA-compliant sink option. The award-winning modular healthcare system provides a flexible, adaptable interior solution for patients, families and staff.
- Canvas Office Landscape™: Herman Miller has put a lot of time and effort into making the Canvas Office Landscape™ a holistic approach to the entire office environment. The line supports all workspace types, giving the complete office aesthetic continuity.
Bretford’s showroom will be a very exciting place to visit this year with the reveal of their EDU 2.0 system. EDU 2.0 is the first complete line of powered, modular technology furniture. With this product line, an entire social learning space can be designed with common aesthetics and technology. The line ranges from carts to presentation equipment to soft seating. You can read more on their website press release.
Geiger International has two debuts this year at Neocon, and an excellent showroom layout concept. The experience, called “Collaborative Executive”, takes a visitor through the different environments one office needs to support their workflow through a typical day. Today’s executive requires furniture and technology to support presentation, collaboration and dedication to individual work. Geiger International plans to show an environment that does all three. The furniture manufacturer also plans on revealing the new Sotto executive chair and the Loophole table line, pictured above.
The main event in DIRTT’s showroom at Neocon 2011 is the new Breathe™ Living Modular Wall. The new feature can attach to both DIRTT and conventional walls, and comes in a variety of sizes. True to DIRTT’s agile fashion, plants are easily moved, replaced and removed without disrupting others. The watering system is simple and efficient.
DIRTT will also showcase their product in healthcare environments. Visit them in Chicago to see how DIRTT walls can improve healing, learning, meeting and working with its simplicity, flexibility and agile nature.
For more information on Neocon 2011 or these products, or to schedule an appointment for a showroom tour by our Herman Miller representative at Neocon, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org!